How to work with Tips On Trips and Camps®…
Register by phone or online
Speak with one of our camp advisors. Be sure to think about location, number of weeks, interests and personality of your child, and budget. We will use this important information to find the summer program that best fits those criteria – whether it be a 2 week sleep away camp in Maine, a Spanish language immersion camp in Costa Rica, a summer internship abroad, a Jewish overnight camp, or something else altogether.
Your personal camp advisor will suggest a list of summer programs that match your child’s needs and interests. Camp brochures and DVDs about these suggested programs will be mailed directly to you and should arrive shortly.
After registering with Tips on Trips and Camps, you will have instant access to our Virtual Camp Fair. Not all of our 600 summer offerings are listed here, so if you do not find what you are looking for, please call us at 1-866-222-TIPS (8477).
There are a number of ways to narrow down your decision:
- Learn all you can about each summer program you are considering by speaking with your camp advisor. We offer much more information than can be found in a brochure.Check out our Tips for Choosing Wisely.
- Use our list of questions to ask camp directors about their summer programs.
Take advantage of the opportunity to meet program directors and talk with knowledgeable advisors at camp fairs. We host a series of camp fairs throughout the USA and abroad.
Please call if…
- You have questions.
- You wish to see a DVD, get references or meet with a program director personally.
- You would like to consider other options.
- You want to talk over your child’s special needs or concerns.
- You want to discuss your choices before making a final decision. We are happy to lend a helpful ear.
Let us know when you have made a decision. Tips on Trips and Camps is compensated by the program directors when a placement has been made thus enabling us to provide our camp advice to you free of charge.
Please complete the email evaluation we send you at the end of the summer. Our recommendations are under constant review. We regularly communicate with program directors, visit summer camps in session, and solicit evaluations from the participants upon their return from summer experiences.