- Confidence! They CAN navigate their life without you rescuing them.
- New Friends! A chance to meet kids who are different from their school friends and to discover that everyone doesn’t have to be the same.
- Responsibility! Learning to take care of personal stuff and what happens when they don’t.
- Cooperation! Sharing living space and how to cope when things don’t go their way.
- Advocacy! How to speak up and seek out adults other than mom and dad for guidance and support.
Camp is full of intangible opportunities for personal growth. What better gift could there be than that!