Cultural Immersion and Community Service Programs
in USA and abroad are recommended for high school students.
Live with a family and learn another language and culture. Become a part of another community to share customs and friendship. Summer activities for teens include study abroad at an overseas university with students from all over the world.
Tips on Trips and Camps has cultural immersion and community service programs available for high school students in the USA and Abroad. There are also some service programs available for 7th and 8th graders in addition to service trips for high school students.
Community service projects may include:
- Helping a community build a house, a road or a playground.
- Restoring historical sites.
- Teaching English as a second language (ESL) to school children.
- Working with migrant workers.
- Monitoring wildlife and fisheries.
- Maintaining nature trails and preserving fragile environments.
Things to think about when choosing a cultural immersion opportunity:
- Do you want the community service program in the US or abroad?
- How many weeks the program should be?
- Which language your child is learning?
- Anything else you think is pertinent in making this decision for your child’s summer.
|Want a quick way to narrow down your summer opportunities and make an educated decision?|
|Want to choose an experience that is right for your child?|
|Want to work with a FREE camp referral agency that has been around for 41 years?|
Register now to work with one of our expert camp consultants and find that perfect community service program for your child.