- If you haven’t booked your hotel already you are probably out of luck.
- If you are booking small motels or B and B’s, get a reference and plan on overpaying.
- Leave your hotel early – the traffic will take you twice as long as it normally will.
- Follow the camp rules! It helps teach your child the right way to do things. . .
OR NOT – Our Directors tell us they have seen all of these situations!
Don’t be one of “those parents” who show their love by overbuying and spoiling their child and getting the counselors and admin frustrated and angry at you… That will happen if you:
- Sneak in the days before visiting day for extra visits. Directors love that!
- If your camp allows you to take the kids out of camp, ask to take your kid out early or to bring them back late. It helps keep the camp directors on their toes and they love it when they can’t track where their campers are.
- Don’t wear your name tag. The directors have met you once or twice when you toured camp a year ago – they should remember every parent on first glance.
- Even if you are not allowed to swim or get on the boats, go for it!
- Cut the line for lunch or ask for a box lunch to take out with some special requests. It is an easy day for the kitchen staff even if they are cooking for two-thirds more people than normal.
- Don’t pick up after yourself. There are a lot of counselors to do that for you.
- Move the beds around when you are in the bunk.
- Bring your dogs. They will love camp.
- Bring big bunk gifts. The best gifts are silly string, fart bombs and firecrackers. Really?!? Get one less than the number of kids in the bunk.
- Stay late. When it is time to go, find a quiet out-of-the-way spot and spend some extra time at camp.Try to keep your kid out of the post visiting day activities that are designed to help them get back into the flow. They want to be with you more.
For those of you camp visiting, have an amazing day with your campers AND FOLLOW THE RULES!
Tips On Trips and Camps will tell you how it is. Our advisors will help you find the best summer options. We have been connecting kids and teens to camps for over 45 years.
To be connected to your personal camp advisor contact us now. There is never a charge to use our service!
1-866-222-8477 or Lisa@tipsontripsandcamps.com